Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Is Finally Here!!

Yes I know Christmas on the calendar has come and gone already. But MY Christmas with my parents is being a little spread out this year. I spent Christmas at my Aunts house and opened up presents under the tree with her and my cousin later on my other cousins and aunt and uncle came over and we celebrated with a small Yankee Swap. Which works much better in our family than a regular giving of gifts here and there.

Here is where the adventure of my Christmas began. My mom and dad had sent a Christmas package to me which contained some of my Christmas gifts from them. The package unfortunately didn't arrive in time and I had to leave the next day to go back to work. My mom was assured by the post office that it would arrive in plenty of time and not to worry. But things happen. The box went MIA for a little while. I prayed that it didn't get lost in the mail. The presents weren't the important piece but rather my stocking which I've had since I was born was what I was worried about. I received a message from my cousin the same day I left letting me know that my package had indeed arrived today. Of course, the day I leave is the day it gets there.

So now we go to plan B. My next day off was two days after Christmas. I was going to drive up, stay the night maybe and drive back in the morning. But on that day it snowed. A lot. 15 inches of snow to be exact. No driving anywhere took place. I was in desperate need of food but I made due. Plan C was then put into effect. My Aunts were going to put on their knight in shining armor suits and drive my box from Barre to Ludlow where I work on a busy holiday day in Ludlow. And then that day it snowed, albeit less, 6 inches. But enough that they didn't want to drive for 2 hours. So then Plan D was put into place. My aunt was going to drive the packages to an office she works at in West Lebanon and I could pick them up there, an hour of driving instead of 2. My best friend/ future sister in law heard about the drama of the package and said 'Hey my parents are going to be in that area on Thursday do you want me to ask if they could pick it up for you?' true story, I almost cried. After being under a lot of stress, stated in the previous post, once it was suggested I realized that yes I did indeed need someone to go and get the package. Sometimes you need others to do things for you, to help you out and I needed it. I usually do not accept these offers of help but I really wasn't in any shape to refuse it.

So Bob and Laura put in their knight and shining armor suits (every parent has one hidden somewhere, I'm sure of it) and with swords held high got my package and brought it back to Ludlow for me. My family had lovingly stuffed my stocking for me, and had added a few extra items that I didn't expect such as cookies, candy canes and a special calender. When I picked up the package I was also invited to dinner next Thursday! So while my package took the long road to me it was touched by many people I love. Thank you everyone for helping get Christmas to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment