Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sweat it Septebmer

So I've made a challenge for myself... to do something active every single day... even if it's 15 minutes, still counts. So here is my daily list.

September 1st- 45 of yoga focusing on arms and abs
September 2nd- 30 minutes on the tread mill
September 3rd- 3 mile hike in the woods
September 4th- 15 minutes of yoga
September 5th- 3 mile hike in the woods
September 6th- 15 minutes of yoga
September 7th- 2 mile hike
September 8th- 15 minutes of yoga
September 9th- 40 minutes of super stretch yoga focusing on core twists
September 10th- 25 minutes of yoga focusing on strengthening legs
September 11th- 20 minutes of yoga
September 12th- ran after a bunch of 4th graders all day long.
September 13th- 40 minutes of yoga (I like this yoga week)
September 14th- 2 mile hike, I found Stinging Nettle!
September 15th- 45 minute walk
September 16th- 2 mile hike
September 17th- 15 minutes of yoga
September 18th- 20 minutes of yoga
September 19th- 45 minutes of yoga
September 20th- 2 mile walk
September 21st- OK I missed this day... my bad
September 22nd- 5 mile hike
September 23rd- 30 minutes of yoga
September 24th- 1 hour hike
September 25th- 1 hour hike/ bushwack in the search for white pine
September 26th- 20 minutes of yoga
September 27th- 2 hours of housekeeping (think that housekeeping isn't hard physical work? try being a housekeeper.)
September 28th- Was kept busy all day with a program. Hauling water, stacking firewood... totally counts.
September 29th- Housekeeping for the afternoon
September 30th- 15 minutes of yoga

The whole point of Sweat it September was because I wasn't exercising and I feeling more and more like a blob rather than a fit youthful person. I also was very stressed. My pants weren't fitting correctly and I had a a nice belly going on. I knew that everything was going to get better with doing something active.

And so I did.

At the end, I feel much better, I have more energy. That belly is gone, back down to normal size. I also have found that I am less stressed. Walking the woods has not only helped me physically but emotionally as well. I also found that having to update this post everyday for a month really made me continue to be on my game. Doing something everyday is important for me, I know that if I say 'every three day' or 'every other day' I just won't end up doing it at all. Being active is something that should happen everyday, and so I made it a priority. I'll have to think of a clever name for October...

No comments:

Post a Comment