Monday, April 1, 2013

Every 3 Months

Every 3 months I get the urge to go somewhere different. I want to pack up my car and head off. Since leaving the Peace Corps I've lived in Vermont, New Hampshire, Wyoming, California, Alaska and visited Maine, North Carolina, North Dakota, North Carolina, Minnesota among others which I have driven through.

Now that it's April it's time to move on. I've been here since December and Frankly winter has been awesome as far as snow and ski conditions have been, but as far as life events I'm ready for it to be over. That's one of the appeals to life as a drifter; you get to leave some of your troubles behind.

Didn't like your job?
People weren't the best?
Weather didn't suit you?
Someone hurt you?
You don't have to go back!
- Keep in mind that moving away doesn't solve everything.

On the flip side if you did have an amazing time somewhere you can choose to go back. I've had some people tell me that they would feel very stressed living this type of life. At this point I would be stressed out if I had to live a lifestyle which kept me in one place for more than a year. I'm not ready to settle anywhere. A friend of mine says 'I love beginnings but I hate endings'. I agree, it's always easier to start something than it is to end it. But then again, if you never end something you never have the chance to start something new.


1 comment:

  1. Completely relate to your sentiments - I haven't been on an airplane for 2 years and it feels super weird. We're ready for our next thing too :)

    ReplyDelete