Wednesday, April 10, 2013

California

This winter has been particularly dreary, from a weather perspective. Cloudy days were getting the better of us in the North East. At least it snowed much more than it did last year, but still it was rough. After having missed 'real' summer last year, believe it or not but living on a glacier wasn't conducive to wearing shorts and tank tops, and going swimming. Last summer I was more likely to get trench foot than I was to wear a bathing suit. This winter there was also a lack of sun and I think that along with last summer I had a huge lack of vitamin D. Everyone this winter was having the same problem, lack of patience and just feeling generally like crap. Ad so when my good friend from college invited me to spend some time with her I jumped at the chance.

Sarah lives outside of San Francisco, sunny, wonderful, California. So I'm out here for a little while before going back to mud season in Vermont. I've only been here for about 24 hours but I already remember why I love California so much. San Francisco is a totally different place from near Palm Springs, but I still love it out here. So while I'm here I'm hoping to catch as much sun as possible! Stock pile that vitamin D before I got home.  

2 comments:

  1. I LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO! I would love to meet up and talk about life over some coffee. Let me know if you get back to the City and have time to meet.

    Amanda (Uganda)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg amanda! i would love to!!! my email is mperry421@gmail.com we'll work something out I'm going into the city today but I'll be back in san fran soon.

      Delete