Friday, February 15, 2013

mylife.com

I recently found out that I had an online profile at a site called mylife.com. This site had posted my age, and places I have claimed residency, and where I was currently living. It said who my parents were and where they were living. Then it asked if I wanted to claim my profile. I also saw that many of my other family members were on this site.

Never had I ever given mylife.com to post this personal information. I have a facebook account but within that account I do not have my address, or phone number posted. Even here on this blog I understand it's public information and would never post the things that they had available for everyone to see.

Beware mylife.com has compiled public records and seeks for everyone to be on their website in one way shape or form. I would highly suggest googling yourself with mylife.com attached to the end and see what comes up. It was very uneasy for me to see all the public records about me compiled into one place.

The only way I could take down my profile is calling their office 310-571-3144 in order to delete it. When I called they had much more information about me which hadn't been posted. Such as my PO Box number at my old house, and current location.

This type of thing makes me so angry. If someone wants to post personal information about themselves that is their choice, but for mylife.com to post someone information about someone else without their permission is wrong. Even if it is public information I still don't want it all on place to easily find.

No comments:

Post a Comment