Friday, February 15, 2013

Busy Busy

I work in a ski town, and February kind of explodes for all of us. February is the month where everyone decides the snow has been around long enough and they can finally go skiing. I work at the mountain from 11:30 until 8pm. This generally speaking, give me the morning to do whatever chores I need to do and then I get to work. Lately however I've been working at a bed and breakfast as a waitress as well.

I worked at this place one summer mostly working wedding parties serving breakfast and doing housekeeping, as well as the occasional busing routine at the wedding. During this time between my junior and senior year of college I made enough in one summer that I didn't have to take out a private loan to pay my rent senior year.

When I'm in the area again I give them a call, it's not like it was when I could work there full time but the owner of the place does keep it in mind for someone to fill work breakfast. It works pretty well for me to serve breakfast and then go to my next job, it makes for a long day but it's a little extra money in my pocket. Usually I can buy groceries for the week with my tip money. This year I'm looking at this money as a trip to San Francisco.

However, during the Presidents vacation week the entire town blows up. Forget being able to get from Point A to Point B, get gas, get a dinner reservation, ski, or get a drink at the bar. I'm not complaining about this at all, I can do all these thing again when everyone leaves to go home, after spending lots of $$ in the area. This also means I work ALL THE TIME. 7am until 8pm. Next week is going to be crazy, but I'm glad for it. I'm looking forward to a nap next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment