Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rose Water and Honey Skin Toner

OK everyone, you may or may not know that I absolutely LOVE natural cleaners/ cosmetics. I honestly feel a little bit better about life in general knowing that at least some things don't contain harsh chemicals. Before going to Africa I've made lib balm, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, my favorite thing to make is soap.

Since coming back from Benin I've noticed that I'm prone to breakouts. I kind of actually feel like a 16 year old sometimes with the amount of zits on my face. Today I thought I'd do something about that. Looked through a few books on natural body care and found a great toner that I thought I'd share with my Internet readers.

Rose/ Honey Toner:
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon Rose Water (found at health food stores near to essential oils)
2 Tablespoons witch hazel/ vodka.
drop or two of tea tree oil (optional)

Combine all ingredients and then apply to face using a cotton ball/ bath tissue.

Personally I used witch hazel because I'd rather smell a bit like a cleaner rather than a drunk. I put it on and it was awesome. I highly reccomend you try it. I left it on for a few minutes and then rinsed my face with cold water to get rid of the sticky feeling.

For more information on what honey can do for your skin click here

No comments:

Post a Comment