Friday, September 3, 2010

Logistical Nitty-Gritty, then Caspian

The past month I've been living at my families cabin (camp) located in Caspian Lake. This is really my favorite place in the whole world. I've yet to find another place that can conjure up such warm fuzzy feelings as when I think of camp. I knew that I was going to do this so I figured that I should probably get all the little important things done before I left.

In one week I went to a wedding, got a car, car insurance, health insurance, went shopping for a new wardrobe, got my hair cut, cleaned out my room of unnecessary junk, organized my student loan information, applied for a job, contacted former employees, unpacked my things, worked on my african fabric quilt some more, and gave away some gifts that I had brought back.
I felt pretty darn productive!

I came home during that month I was up at camp for probably a total of 4 days. But during those 4 days I had a job interview, did chores (like laundry), signed up for a wilderness first responder course, bought some books for GRE prep, and gave a presentation about my Peace Corps experience to some members of the community.

Now on my list:
Study for GREs
research grad schools for a masters in environmental education.

No comments:

Post a Comment