Thursday, April 5, 2012

Between

I'm waiting for my new job to start. There was no point in continuing to pay rent and live in Belmont when I wasn't doing anything. This seemed like a waste of $300. It also seemed a little lonely.

I'm very social and I need people around me. There was a time when I got back from the Peace Corps when I lived with my mom and she was the only person I saw, not that she's not fun, but when one person is you're entire social life it's a downer. For weeks on end I was home alone with dogs and I was going crazy. I wanted to go places but I didn't have any reason for going, I also didn't want to pay for the gas to get there. I felt better about life once I started work and I could go and visit with people.

Because of those two reasons I decided to leave Belmont and go live with my Aunt and cousin. I packed up my things and said goodbye to southern Vermont until next winter. Surprisingly everything did fit in my car. I was worried about that. Next time I move though, I'm going to need to do some better packing, Including downsizing the two large boxes that barely fit in my car when it's empty. I really don't buy that many things and when I do I'm replacing something. Other times I donate to the places I've been living. The last place I lived I donated a fry pan, coffee maker and a humidifier. It's very possible that I will go back to this place and I don't need to cart these things around all the time.

And so I've begun an unintended month long vacation. Living with my Aunt puts me closer to the rest of my extended family. My cousin was up with her family and a new baby who I had yet to meet. I also got to play with her four year old. It was great to see my family and hang out. I normally don't get to do those things because I work weekends. I'm also planning on going to Maine and New Hampshire to visit friends, then head down to North Carolina to visit my brother and Lynn. Then up to New York city for a couple of days before I head out to Alaska for my next adventure where I will be back east in September.

This between business is great, helps me wrap my head around leaving one place and beginning a new adventure in a new place. At same time though, I do wish that my jobs lined up a little better. This won't be a problem for another year or so if my plans goes accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment