Sunday, April 17, 2011

I live Everywhere

I've had a few changes take place in the last few days. Around a month ago I started looking around for work in the fall. I contacted a few Outdoor Environmental Science Schools which are kind of like camp for school groups during the school year. Elementary aged children usually in 5th or 6th grade can go, spend a few days focusing environmental science, team building, and outdoor skills. I emailed a few asking what their hiring process would be for the fall. I received responses from a couple programs.

One emailed me back within hours and told me to submit my application as they had a rolling application process. Made sense, if they had someone who wanted to apply for the fall semester early it fills up a spot for them so they have one less position to fill. So I sent in my resume, cover letter, and reference contact information. I got a response from the school about 24 hours after receiving my information, they wanted to set up a phone interview.

A few days later I interviewed for a position, at the end of the interview the interviewer asked me what I was doing this summer, I explained that I was working in Wyoming starting the 12th of June. He then asked me if I was still working for Okemo. I figured this was a backwards way of asking why I was unemployed for the months of April and May, so I explained that I wasn't working at Okemo anymore due to the end of the season. I also explained that in Vermont there is literally nothing to do. Once winter ends everything stops and shuts down until summer starts. There is NO work to be found. He then offered me a job right then, from May 3rd until June. We worked out logistics and the next day I had bought my plane tickets out.

So here's my plan:
Drive out to Fargo and drop my car off/ spend sometime with my dad
May, fly out to Southern California for the month
Fly back to Fargo, spend about 48 hours in North Dakota
Fly out to Salt Lake City

No comments:

Post a Comment