Thursday, June 21, 2012

Puppies!

 Part of my job is handing out puppies to tourists. Yes that's right, I'm a professional puppy-hander-outer. There are currently two litters of puppies that have been born on the glacier. One has 8 puppies and is about one month old. The pictures in this post are of those puppies. They're just starting to crawl out of their house, explore their world and play with each other. They are by far the highlight of any tourists time on the glacier. We have a saying here at dog camp which is "if you don't like puppies you don't have a soul". This is of course not true, I'm sure there are very nice people in the world who don't like puppies... and still have their souls.... I've yet to meet one of these people but like I said I'm sure they are living among us. 

The little guys at camp are just cutting teeth and getting curious about things like earrings, necklaces and fur coats. They especially like to try to ruin these things. As of right now people have left with their expensive souvenirs in tack. I fear though that this may not be the case for long.
 Fun fact about me that you may not know. When I need a conversation changer I use the phrase "You want to know what I like? Puppies. Who else likes puppies?" Everyone knows it's a conversation changer, and people will point it out to me. But then people talk about the cute little puppies they've known. It actually surprises me how well that this trick works. Puppies just make life that much better.

1 comment: