Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jobs

Why haven't I written lately? Mostly because I don't really have anything to say. This blog isn't a sounding board for my opinion on world events or a dirge about applying for jobs in a field that I'm new to. It's about my life, events that have happened with people that I come in contact with. I see my life as a series of hilarious stories, and frankly there haven't been many of those stories working at Okemo. I've got some great one-liners don't get me wrong, but they haven't been anything to write to you guys about. But while I have your attention, here are some great Okemo one liners.

Recap: I work at a call center taking reservations for lodging and tickets at a ski resort. I pick up the phone and say 'Okemo lodging, Melissa speaking, how might I help you?' and then I answer questions about Okemo/ help people book lodging.

Customer: "What is in the condo unit I've rented"
me: "A queen size bed in the bedroom, a queen sleeper sofa in the living space, full kitchen and outdoor area"
customer: "What is exactly in the kitchen?"
me "full size oven, refrigerator, microwave, and cookware"
customer "so there's a full size oven?"
me "yes"
customer "are there spices in the unit"
spices? seriously? do you want us to stock the freezer with steak to? how about a 5 course meal already prepared for you and your 2.5 children.

Customer: "What is the nicest place to stay?"
What do you think I can say? Do you honestly think that I'm going to tell people that some properties at this resort that I work at are crap?

Customer: "So I see there's a fire pit where people are making 'smores. Can I do that?"
me: "yes"
customer: "So you're 'smores they're pretty good right, better than other peoples 'smores?"
Better than others 'smores? It's graham cracker, chocolate, and toasted marshmallow how do you mess that up?

Me: "I'm sorry we do not currently have any availability throughout the entire resort"
Customer: "Are you sure?"
Me: "absolutely no availability."
Customer "What about Jackson Gore"
Me: "no"
Customer: "What about the Adams house?"
When we check our lodging we can do a resort wide check, It's like if they continue asking questions something will just magically appear. Another thing about this that gets me is Jackson Gore is a property, and the Adams house is a building within the Jackson Gore property. If we didn't have anything in Jackson Gore, there would definitely be nothing in the Adams house.

Keep in mind that most people are easy enough and understand the things that were being said. Just a few people keep me on my toes and make me laugh when I get off the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment